Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Excerpt

Over the months since June, I've been pretty restless when Sarah Dessen's new book titled 'Along for the Ride' was published. And I waited, and waited, and waited for MPH Bookstores to finally ship in some fantabulous copies (at least in KL, so I could courier one down).


But sadly, sigh.... disappointment took over. Half a year and there's still no freaking sign of any of the book being shipped in. I hate to admit this, but MPH sucks. Just Listen is out of stock (HOW CAN IT BE?! IT'S LIKE A MUST-READ IN THE YOUNG ADULTS SECTION!!!!) and Lock and Key has only not more than six pathetic copies in the whole of Malaysia. And what's more, it was only published last year.


Gawd, and I'm not really sure if the one I ordered is a good copy... I paid an extra RM 8.50 for it, so it'd better be in good condition, or else I swear I'm making a fuss out of it in the shop when I collect it. Honest, I'm dead serious. I hate books that have lines on their spine, as well as those folded (regardless of whether it is an accident or not) covers and pages. Somehow, whenever I look at them, they'll scream 'I'M DAMAGED' at my face.



I digress.



I was checking out the plot of Lock and Key on Wikipedia (My book is trapped in the shelf, I'm still trying to find out who was the moron that got the sliding door/cover of the shelf jammed behind a damned box. Well, it's complicated, so don't bother understanding the situation) and I stumbled upon Sarah Dessen's official website (My Lock and Key book cover is different from the one they have posted on the webpage!!) and YES!!!! I GOT TO READ AN EXCERPT FROM HER LATEST BOOK!!!!!


And as usual, it was amazing. Sigh. You, dear reader, should give it a try. It's realistic fiction, so a lot of the ideas will relate to our daily experiences (mainly teenage). It's cool, I love every book Sarah Dessen writes to bits.



Anyway, I guess I shall have no choice but to wait for another few weeks until I make a trip to KL for the Comic Fiesta 2009 to get the book. I'll whine until my parents agree to take me to Kinokuniya. It's heaven over there I tell you, the best place there is (aside from home) in the world!!!


It's late, very late, or I would preferably put it, very early in the morning of 12 November, the day 2012 is released on screen. Sigh, and I'm still not sure when should watch it.



Goody-night folks! Still have to wake up early tomorrowtoday.