Wednesday, November 25, 2009

1st FIBA Asia U-16 Basketball Championship (for men)

Okay, I know I said I'll post the camp pictures I took with some of the campers here on my blog, but sadly, after posting them on FB, I sort of lost interest in posting them here.


But it's not much anyway, only like, three or four photos. Anyways, I went for MRC duty this Monday in the stadium near SDJ for the basketball competition, and I can tell you it was w-o-w.



Plus a little bit of inferiority complex when it comes to the height issue. Sigh.


Anyways, Yen Huay, Hui Yi, Sharon and me were like oogle-oogle when it came to the China vs. Korea match. Man, both teams were so damned good until we (well, I, at least) didn't know who to cheer for.



The China players were kinda rough though.... Poor Korea. But still, sigh, swoon, the people there were so good-looking.




Omigosh, it was uh-mazing. And I was really inspired to watch the following matches so I went to the stadium the next day. But sadly, the matches weren't as interesting and intense as the China vs. Korea match. It only got slightly better when Malaysia started to play against Kuwait or something. And I have to admit, Malaysia was pretty good.


Too bad I couldn't stay until the end of the whole day (the 8 o'clock match was China vs Japan, while the following one, which was the last one for yesterday was Korea vs. Taipei). Sad, the good matches were all at night!! Noooo!!!!!!!!!!!!



I don't know why, but I seem to be the only one who's much more interested in baskteball than all my other family members. That's kinda sad, because I learnt yesterday that watching a match alone is not fun. My day turned better after I sat with Shin Ru and company.




Anyways, the finals are on Friday. I really hope I get to watch!!!!!!! It'll be fun to see who'll be representing Asia for next year's U-17 competition!!!



Here are some things I noticed during the basketball matches:



  • The Korea team coach looks A LOT like my uncle (dad's youngest brother), just that my uncle has a much bigger belly and rounder face.

  • The 4th player from the Phillipines team looks slightly like Taylor Lautner from a particular angle (it differs for each person)

  • The India team coach looks a bit like Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean)

  • The coaches that are on the side that wears white shirts are much more... err... enthusiastic.

  • The Thailand players resemble monks.


No offence meant. I just thought it was funny. XD


Pictures I took are coming up in the next few posts (hopefully).