Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Insomnia? Nah, just plain bored.

You remember how our parents will nag at us to go to sleep early? Or perhaps recall some old chinese saying about us cherishing our precious time (eg, time is gold, gold is time), yes?


Well, I admit, I have none of those good qualities in me. For me, time is never enough, and I'm always getting told off by mum for being late and stuff.......

And right now, I'm ignoring that hands of the clock beside me that's ticking second by second as I sit right here in front of the computer and blog until dawn.



Nah, I don't think that will happen. Imagine, I still have marching practice tomorrow.........and I was really busted today.


Anyways, enough with the emo-ness or whatever you call it, I've been so emo lately that I'm creeping myself out. And right now, I feel... I dunno how to describe it. FAS isn't it, like I said, I didn't really do anything that made me feel accomplished, nor did I acheive some level 50 in two hours of gaming or something and move on to some new environment. I don't feel lethargic as I'm not bored, as a matter a fact, I have tons I want to do right now.


And that's where the problem lies.


I have so much I want/have to do right now; internet, manga, anime, study (LE GASP!!! SZEPEI STUDYING?!!! GRAB YOUR HELMETS!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!), replacement classes, marching, clean up my messy table (akibat peperiksaan pertengahan tahun ini) and read books.

It's like I want to do all of them at the same time but obviously I can't. I need sleep (sorry Mathura, your timetable did not work out... XD), and I don't have four pairs of arms, needless to say. If only there was some way to make this feeling go away..............



.................



I think I know what I'm doing now. I'm procrastinating again...... Sigh, goodness.


On the other hand, I just bought two new manga series by Takamiya Satoru and Suzuhito Yasuda. It's really good, there aren't any nice manga out lately, every manga recently just seems to be like 'perfect girl with perfect body with a sad past and perfect guy with some dark past and they both meet and hide their past from each other' or 'the dense, kawaii girl with meganneko aspects in highschool who never notices the perfect guy's having a crush on her' or something like that. Duh, it's so Mary Sue-ish.... so cliched.

Well, that's for the shoujo genre. For the shounen genre, the basic storyline would be something like this:

'Boy sets off from home and encounters many battles and values friendship more than anything else and encounters a rival (the one that girls like me normally fall for instead of the protagonist, like me) and together they have some fight that has the power to move heaven, earth and hell and when the protagonist is on the verge of losing he demonstrates some hidden power along with his "never give up" motto and wins and together both characters become best friends.'

Oh please, have mercy, have some twists!!!! This is like copying Dragonball (the determination thing, Goku is really cute when he's young) and One Piece, though Eiichiro Oda sensei did say he got inspiration from DB, but never mind, One Piece is also a masterpiece, hehe.



Pinch me now, the quality of manga is getting worse. Every mangaka seems to like those disgusting genres like yaoi, yuri, smut, ecchi and stuff. -shivers- It's really hard to find a decent manga nowadays.


BUT!!! While I was browsing through the shelves of the manga store in Holiday Plaza, I came across these two wonderful titles that seems to have some originality in them (something mangas today lack)!!!!


I actually had the idea of creating a story about life after death stuff about one or two years ago, but I didn't really have time to do a manga or write a story on it. But, on this very faithful day, I came across Soraoto by Takamiya Satoru. Hahahahaha, great minds think alike (while ordinary seldom differ)!!! That manga became instantly on the top of my shopping list. (I previously bought one of his earlier works already so I was sure I'd have no problem not liking the manga.)

Next was Yozakura Quartet by Suzuhito Yasuda. There were already a number of volumes displayed but as seeing I never read any of the series I only bought the fist volume. And I'm pretty much dying for more now. Ehehe.... I'm anticipating the next trip to the manga store now, but I don't know when I'll have the chance again. After all, there aren't much manga stores around PJ and I'm not allowed to go to Pelangi unless I have tuition.



But never mind, patience is a virtue. I shall wait.


I'm thinking of creating another blog specially for manga and anime reviews..... but it's just a thought. I might not do it anyway.


But in the mean time, I think I should conjure up a reading list for this entire holiday.





It's really late now, and I gotta wake up early tomorrow.


Pei,
signing off.





P/S: No offence meant about the manga review thingy. I know I shouldn't stereotype things like that (especially people) but that was just my opinion. Feel free to object to what I say, everyone has an individual mind, after all.

And I don't own any manga titles mentioned above, and I never will. But I will, one day, create my very own series with my skills and become famous!! HAHAHAHA!!! Well, that is, if that day ever comes......