1. Okay, so the biggest news is….(via PW Children’s Bookshelf, couldn’t find a direct link):
Regina Hayes at Viking Young Readers has signed YA novelist Sarah Dessen’s 11th novel, The Best After Ever, which will be released in May 2013. Set in the fictional beach town of Colby, where several of Dessen’s novels take place, it features 18-year-old Emmeline, who is spending her last summer before college working for her family’s vacation rental business and enjoying a summer romance with a young aspiring filmmaker. Leigh Feldman at Writers House brokered the deal for world rights.
So now you know why I wasn’t blogging, was talking about how tired I was AND kept posting encouraging writing-related quotes on Twitter. Because I was finishing the book I began ALL the way back in September 2010. I kept working on it all the way up until last April, when I had to set it aside to promote WHAT HAPPENED TO GOODBYE, then picked it back up in December. Whew! Thanks for your patience. I’m so excited to share more with you about this as I can. And there’s more fun book stuff, too! Stay tuned….
OH. MY. GOD. You have no freaking idea how much I'm spazzing right now GOSH SO MANY EXCITEMENT IN ONE NIGHT. EXO debuting, CN FINALLY airing Insecurities, so many nice Yesung pictures on Tumblr today, AND NOW THIS.
I can't.
HER NEW BOOK. AFJGGFAGHLKAHHGIUQWEUTYIGH. I WANT. But gah, in 2013? WHY???!!!!!!!! Better than none I know but gah. I shall be contented this time.
But to be honest (again), the plot sounds a bit like Along for the Ride and Keeping the Moon combined. But again, ths is Dessen we're talking about, plot may be similar but she pulls it off well and makes me fall in love with her books. Despite the disappointment I felt for her last book, I'm sure this book will be stupendous, marvelous, excellent, brilliant, magnificent, all posh adjectives in the world combined. I'll try to keep my hopes and expectations low until the excerpt comes out.
Dessen's books are summer reads, so that means the excerpt isn't going to be released until at least this year end December or later. Damn. Please let this book be an awesome one like Just Listen or The Truth about Forever or This Lullaby! I'm counting on you, my lucky stars!