I've been blogging so much about books lately that it scares me. Shouldn't I be slaving over add maths or trying out some Lit exercises to better myself as seeing these subjects need constant attention? It's really frightening the way everyone's starting to freak out over our trials, even thought they are a month or two away from the present.
Wait. Holy crap. I'm gonna sit for my trials and I have not study one bit. Holy shitting cows! I should dig my grave now.
Anyway, coming back my post, I have just finished reading The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting, and am right now wondering why the hell didn't I pick this book up sooner. the suspense was unbearable. Well, okay, fine, it was slightly bearable as seeing I could survive not reading the book for four freaking days just because of Sports Day, even though I was already somewhere in the rising action of the book. Still, I just want to highlight how awesome the book is for it's chilling suspense! My hands and feet were cold and sweaty by the time I finished the book early morning today. There was a review printed on the book on the cover saying that "you'll be drawn by the love story and kept up all night by the suspense" or something along those lines. The latter is most definitely true, I can assure you, but as for the romance it was a bit...... err, I don't know. The build-up was okay and interesting, but towards the end it just reminded me slightly of Twilight. Do we females always need to write such unnecessary, extravagant, romantic scenes just for our comfort? Are we really that (dare I say) shallow to seek confidence or comfort from silly things like these?
Okay, before I launch into slightly-feminist mode I should come back to this post. The suspense of the book was great enough for me to look past the disappointing romance in the story. Yes, for me, it was that good. How many crime/mystery/suspense novels could grip your attention for so long? Not many. But this one can. The way the story is told in the third person perspective made me feel complete being able to read every scene. It would definitely be a shame if the scenes were limited to the narrative style of writing. Hoever, I did feel that the ending was a bit anti-climatic for such an awesome build-up. I'm not saying that Kimberly Derting ended things terribly, but I feel that there could've been a better way to wrap up the story instead of the usual 'BANG! Then spoof! epilogue that is set months later with a brief explanation for what happened'.
Oh well. I'll just seek solace from the sequel. Can't wait to get it soon! I'm still saving for it! XD
Oh! And I found another reason to look foward to next year aside from the Percy Jackson and the Kane Chronicles series! There's a third instalment for TBF series (The Last Echo) and the cover is amazing! Yay! More Violet to come!