Monday, September 6, 2010

Easy to slack

As I copied and pasted the Kingdom Hearts Walkthrough (yes, I am that shameless. I'll leave playing on my own after I completed the game the first round) into Microsoft Words, my mind sort of like breezed through the prequels and sequels I will have to play after completing this game. And it hit me:

It's hard to keep up with the times.


I mean, Birth by Sleep is released on the PSP (which thankfully my brother has one), 358/2 Days on the Nintendo DS (my parents were kind enough to buy my brother one), KH I and II and Re: Chain of Memories on the PS2 (yesh!), Recoded soon to be released on the NDS (thank god), and last but not least, the new game installment Kingdom Hearts 3D to be released on the Nintendo 3DS.


Notice that I italic-ed the Nintendo 3DS? Yeah, that, is what I meant by 'hard to keep up with the times'.



It's a stupid commercialised, money-making scheme where the developers choose to release the latest installment of your favourite series onto some latest console that you don't have. Yeah right. Gamebox in hand, latest console in another, tempting you as if to say 'You want it? Come and get it. But do you have what it takes to buy it? DO YOU HAVE CASH?'. Bleh, I can SO imagine that. *rolls eyes*


This is injustice. I can't always keep up with the times and buy every new model of game console they come up with everytime. Take Tales for example. I can't play the soon-to-be-released next-Tales-of (nor can I buy it) because it'll be released on the PlayStation 3. How unfair is that?! ANd I've seen glimpses of the artwork done by the designing team -they are MARVELLOUS.


So, that's one game gone.



And don't get me started on KH3D. I am really pissed because just when my brother bought the NDSi, I came home and went on the internet, only to realise that KH's newest installment was going to be released on the Nintendo 3DS!!!!!! And from what my sister told me, they guy in the shop did say that another new version of NDS was going to come out probably next year. GAH!!!!!!



But oh well, lil' bro did say that maybe they can't configure the original consoles now (eg PS3), so that's a SLIGHT relief.


Still, I WANT THAT KH3D GAME!!!!!!! GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T.T



Sigh, indulgence. My wants. I am never satisfied. This is a very bad thing. I should be content and look on the bright side that I am able to play most of the games I want to (with the exception of a few, I can't find FF9 anymore because it was one of the last games for the PS1), but, but but but but, satisfaction never comes easily for me. Sad.


I wish everything could be released on the PS2. I like the PS2, it's not that old (okay, maybe it is, but hey, the PS1 is older!), but not that new and sophisticated, and I find that the controls of the games made for it are suitable for me.




Okay. I should end this post now. Two posts in a day, that's quite an improvement for me :)

To end with a happy mood, I shall post a picture of KH Birth by Sleep found just a while ago.


Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (C) Square Enix.
I want a Wacom tablet for Christmas.