Sunday, June 13, 2010

New direction in interests

Ever since I read the ending of FMA, I've been going back to the beginning and started to reread the whole series again, because towards the rising action and the middle part, I actually skimmed through the pages only despite buying each volume faithfully (the words were all old chinese, and Arakawa-sensei is such an amazing mangaka that most of her scenes are in battle with lots of lines and stuff to show the effects and speed of each movement, so yeah, it's very..... err... complicated?)


Anyways, I'm almost at the end of the series, and I noticed that out of all antagonists I love Kimblee the most (oops). Well, he is a sadist during the Ishval war and stuff but hey, towards the end he totally helped in destroying Pride (Selim Bradley) and said "You don't understand Edward Elric at all."

SO COOL. (Well, for me, that is)

Anyways, his parting was really excellently styled as well, showing him with his usual western suit and coat, bidding goodbye with his top hat (you should see it for yourself, chapter 106, page 39).

Gah, he is one hell of an antagonist, probably the best I've seen so far.

:3



"A lesson without pain is meaningless, for you cannot gain something without sacrificing something else in return. But once you have overcome it and made it your own, you will gain an irreplaceable full metal heart." -Fullmetal Alchemist, the final chapter 108.