Wednesday, June 16, 2010

At this moment in time,

which can be summarised into just a word, 'NOW'. I do realise that lots of people in this region tend to use lengthy words unnecessarily, for some unknown reason. I don't see why we actually have to do so when we just need to get our point across and using extra, redundant words won't really change your message into something more... stunning but as a matter a fact, under some circumstances, it makes you look silly and gives out the wrong feeling that you are being some... err... english-professional-wannabe. (No offence meant to anyone, even I do this sometimes without realising my mistake.)

But such circumstances are often evident in composing letters, which brings us to my main point.

I met someone yesterday who wanted my sis to write a letter to the school (god, what is she, brainless? Can't she write a damn letter herself?) regarding her absence in school. And I peeked a bit (shame on me) and saw that it was TOO longwinded. So, being the nosy me, I pointed it out to my sister.

"Oi, too long lah the letter, letters must be short and simple and CLEAR."

"Aiyah, what to do? She wants it to be long."


Oh for god's sake, what's the point of adding 'the plane tickets are booked earlier (and stuff like that) so we are unable to cancel blah blah blah" when you actually stated it was a compulsory family matter?

Plus, I doubt the school actually wants to hear so much about your grandmother's story, duh. If they wanted to, they'd actually call up and demand for it.

All in all people, redundancy is a major issue around here, sadly. We should really revise our policy on letter writing.



Down with the flu and sore throat, and on the week before school reopens too. Darn, I have yet to study. Sucks.


My funeral creeps near. I should get myself a coffin.