I'm finally back from the YHC in Raub. It was... okay I guess. I saw a few of my fellow Convent students there, like Nicolette, Li Chin, Eunice, Chien Yin, Sue Anne and co. I went for like, five days. And on the last day we Johoreans sat the train home. THe train to KL was late, but the train back Johore was punctual, and we arrived early at five something in the morning today!!!! YAY!!!!
Not to mention the fact that I was away from my PC for SIX friggin' days. XD Quite a feat, don't you think? Ever since the mid-year holidays or the August holidays I had been in front of my PC every day.
The first day of the camp totally sucked. We were given camp briefings, team categorizations, leader votings, yadda yadda yadda. then we played some games like tug of war and water bomb. At the end of the day, I guess homesick got the better of me and I almost started crying in my dorm. Blargh.
The second day was really fun. We went for the high ropes, flying fox and absailing before going for canoeing in the lake. (Too lazy to blog everything so I'll just summarize it all).
The 3rd day was the worst, and arguably the most hectic throughout this whole camp. First, we went for the Obstacle course where our teamwork is being put to the test. The hardest one of all was the 3.0 m wall. All of us in our team had to climb up with the help of our teammates. Something quite embarassing happened there. coughcoughCKcoughcough (The G3 people should know about this. XD)
And then, jungle trekking. The part I hated most. Well, I wouldn't call it 'jungle trekking' as all we did was climbing steep slopes up the mountain in a thick forest so yeah. And that night was the night I slept a bit deeper than the rest of the nights in camp. For the other nights, I was in the state where even one tiny sound was heard and I would bolt up from my bed. Cheers to the bed bugs in my bed for such tiring actions.
The fourth day (second last day), we had kite-making (and we didn't even get to fly it) and talenttime practicing. Kite-making was -yawns- boring, and talenttime practice was sweetly horrible. I'm even surprised how our Pink team got the first place!!! (PINK PRIDE PEOPLE!!! -shows pinky finger in the air-)
I did dancing for the Talenttime with Maggie (Convent senior), Serene, KLSissy's (Ken Long, one of our famous team leaders) lil' bro (I think his name was Kit Long or something) and two moe annoying boys younger than us. The funniest part in the talentime show for our team was the Poem Recital. I think KLSissy wrote it. It's about milking a cow, and we had two guys making funny movements as the other 3 guys recited it. XD
Lilac (Sis)'s team did a Snow White crossover play, with a really EEEEVVIIIIL twist. The guy who played Snow White was so damn funny!!!!! And in the end, the prince (Yuyi) and the evil queen got married (fictional). =.=
Turqoise (Shu Ling, Chien Yin & Eunice) team did a play on some daily life thingy. The play was also a comedy with another sissy. It really sounds as if this camp had a lot of sissies. Hmmm...
As for Saffron (Chu Hsien) team, they did another American-Idol style (like ours, just that ours has a variety of show like Taekwando and stuff while theirs just had dancing) play. Chu Hsien and Eunice's sister were two of the judges. They were absolutely hilarious!!!!
And then, the peak of our entire camp; THE DISCO PARTY!!!!!! Gawd, now I don't need to go clubbing for the rest of eternity. Instructor Mark was playing all the hot songs and EVERYONE, including the kiddies were jumping about and shouting. But when they announced that the people who wanted to go back could return to their dorms, I chickened out immediately. I'm not really a night-disco-clubbing party girl or whatever you call it I suppose. but in the end, I had to stay back in the hall cuz NO ONE in G3 (the kids above 14 years old) even cared about the announcement. =.=
Did I mention someone even stripped off his shirt in the middle of the crowd? Gross... coughcoughCKcoughcough.
Anyways, we had camp debriefing on the next (which was the last) day and then the instructors announced the winners for all sorts of prizes!!! PINK WON!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOO!!!!! (PINK PRIDE!!!! -shows pinky finger) But don't be sad Poh Ping, I still think we did a very good job on the flag!!!!! After that, we boarded on the bus after lunch and said our final goodbyes. Sigh....
I made lots of new friends in the camp, and got to know more about my schoolmates in the camp too. I'll miss them for sure........
pictures for the camp can be found at Friendster.