Sunday, June 1, 2008

Twilight movie

I was wiki-ing something about a movie my sis was watching and then it led me to the twilight movie. Yes, I know it's being filmed and produced a long long time ago, but then, I saw that the promotional poster was out. For me, there was only one word to describe it -disappointing.

Seriously, I swear that thing's the worst!!!!! (Okay, I'm just expressing my thoughts, no offense to the twilight movie fans) If you get a closer look, Edward (Robert Pattinson) is actually wearing lipstick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good heavens!!! And it's not any normal lipstick, it was actually... purplish-red or something. Yeah yeah, I know, many actors wear lipstick while doing shooting their film and stuff, but WTF?! Edward Cullen, a vampire, wearing lipstick? If it was because he just went hunting and he didn't wipe his mouth after dinner, then that's understandable. But I don't recall any deers or whatsoever having... really unlike-crimson-red blood. -frowns- Somehow, I prefer the characters that were personally chosen by Stephenie Meyer when the producers haven't chosen the present actors yet.

I must say, when I first saw the trailer, I was kinda let down. Somehow, this is part of a highschool fic, but the actors/actresses gave me the impression that it wasn't fit for highschool at all, instead of having a bit more younger faces, they instead went for much more mature-than-they-should-be kind. Well, I don't really know... But it's kinda weird if you have those non-highschooler faces or something to be in highschool. It's like, getting your parents to go to school instead of you. Well, yeah, they aren't THAT old but you know what I mean. I admit, I'm kinda picky. Plus, the only person I really think is suitable for her role is Alice Cullen by Ashley Greene. The others (well, the ones I've seen so far) they just don't fit. Carlisle looks waaaayy older than he should be. :( Jasper, Emmett (no comments about Bella and Rosalie) were kinda of a let down too. Esme looks older than Carlisle. :(

The next thing, their voices. Maybe i've been watching too many anime and not keeping up with western movies but again, I have to disagree. When I listened to their dialogue in the trailer, I was like, what?! It's too... classy or whatever you call it. This is a young, highschool-ish and adventure type movie that needs more young voices, not some classy (well, it's not those BBC type), restrained type. it's kinda weird for me. But ah well, we'll see in the upcoming movie in December. Maybe I can get a few pals to go to the cinemas... :)

Eclipse really broke my heart. Well, I haven't read it yet (No choice, the price for the book is still sky-high and I don't want the hard-cover version) but I did a wikipedia serch about the summary. The ending was OMG!!!!!!!!! HOW COULD BELLA?????!!!!!!!!!!!! As an asian, I'm kinda ... well, traditional or whatever you call it about relationships. I believe in commitment and think that once you have someone you love, you can't go realizing you love someone else, but then say that your love for your first boyfriend or something is greater. I think it's... betraying both your partners. If I wasn't mistaken, Jake seems to be younger than Bella.

Plus, if Stephenie Meyer really loved writing about Jacob (note that in New Moon I skipped through all the parts that only had Bella and Jacob, I don't like him and yes, I'm a really bad reader) I felt that she should just write another book focused entirely on his POV or something only and not let him get the limelight from Edward. Well, New Moon's an exception since Edward ran away. xp. But perhaps that's another way of a triangle love or something.... Yeah yeah I know, maybe publishing a book isn't as easy as it seems but, it really put me off my enthusiasm for the series. Hmm, maybe I should lower down my standards.

But ah well, Meyer's still the best author ever!!!!!! Kudos to her for being such a succesful writer!!!!! :D

But anyways, please note that this is just an opinion from a mere asian kid who has lived with quite traditonal asian-minded people. I mean no offense at all, maybe you can say I'm bashing some character but I do not have that intention, I'm just expressig my views as a reader. As for the movie, I'll leave the judgement for December. :p.

It's been such a long time since I posted such a long entry, and I'm too lazy to re-read it and check my spelling and grammar. Pardon me if my English sounds weird... I'm so sleepy that my eye-lids are gonna drop anytime soon... better go sleep now... tata~~~~~