Wednesday, October 26, 2011

My life is all about anticipating and dreading things and days, I realised. I anticipate the day a books gets published, I anticipate it arriving at the closest bookstore to my house, I anticipate the days chapters of my favourite stories and manga are posted on line, I anticipate Fridays, I dread Mondays, I dread exams and stress, and the list goes on.

It's kinda sad. Is life all about looking foward? I anticipate things and days because they bring me happiness and joy. After all, they are my favourite things. But is there more to life than this? Oh well, who knows.

Sadly, I haven't been studying much for the past two days. Holidays are ending, and everyone's pretty much studying their asses off. But, amongst the busy days and interruptions I get when I finally was going to study, I've been reading about stress management, a book my parents bought me a way long time ago. Back then, I was still a kid and didn't understand, and self-help books just wasn't appealing to an ignorant kid like me. But now, I somehow find them comforting, like before I get some shut eye I would just reach for The Secret by Rhonda Byrne and read a few pages until I'm really tired. Last time I checked, I didn't even care about books like that. But anyways, coming back to my point, I'd like to quote a few lines from Fighting Invisible Tigers: A Stress Management Guide For Teens by Earl Hipp.

There is no stress in the world.
Repeat: there is no stress in the world.
Surprised? Think about it. Where would you go looking for it if you wanted to find stress? The Gobi Desert? South Wales? Chengtu, China?
Stress is something that happens inside of people - inside of you. It's the result of how you perceive and interpret the challenges you face.



See? How true that is! When I first read that, I experienced a serious case of jaw-drop because it made so much sense. You can't deny that. Hands down to you Earl Hipp.


Two more days to go. Expect an excited post on Friday because finally, the books I have been waiting for A YEAR is going to arrive on my doorstep that day. And after that post, I think it's goodbye to the Internet until December cos' I've decided I'm handing my iPod to my parents for safekeeping. It's too much of a distraction, really, because it's just so easy to go on the Internet with this thing, like how I'm doing now.

Okay, maybe I'll make Saturdays an exception. Maybe. Who knows?