No, don't worry, this ain't another emo post, I've experienced enough emo shit in these three weeks to last me a lifetime, so no more of that. For now.
Anyways, coming back, this post is here simply because me, being the stupid girl I am, decided to hop over again to Rick Riordan's blog where I constantly keep up with his posts so I get information firsthand from the man himself. It was a fruitful trip, but as I mentioned above, BALANCE IS EVERYTHING IN LIFE.
Two discoveries I've made during my trip: (SPOILER ALERT. BEWARE.)
1. THE HEROES OF OLYMPUS BOOK THREE IS GONNA BE NAMED 'THE MARK OF ATHENA'. WOOTS.
2. THERE IS A FREAKING CLIFFHANGER IN THE SON OF NEPTUNE. BOO.
GOD. WHY ARE YOU SO CRUEL TO ME? This COMPLETELY defeats the purpose of my perseverance to not read any spoilers regarding the much anticipated book. SUCH A DOWNER. After hanging on for more than a year, you think I wanna know that there's an ef-you-see-kay-ing cliffhanger before I even read the book? Lord.
Okay, it's not Rick's fault for being awesome. I mean, he's in the US, permanent resident (wonder if he's ever even heard of Malaysia), and I guess in a twisted sort of way he has a teeny weeny right to assume that everyone in the whole wide world has read the damned book. And it's my fault I was unaware he was gonna incorporate the comment about the cliffie like it's nothing big into his blog post. the hell it is. Lesson learned, never touch an author's blog before you've read his/her new book. It may contain spoilers.
Now that this unfortunate circumstance has occurred (much to my displeasure), I should just hop over to Wikipedia and read the whole summary.
WAIT, WHAT WAS THAT HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE THOUGHT THAT HAD JUST PASSED THROUGH MY MIND?
This book had better be good. Or else I'm demanding a rewrite. If the cliffhanger is about Percy finally meeting Annabeth and the other Greek demigods after a long chunk of crap his Roman adventures taking 9.9/10 of the book, Rick Riordan had better prepare his mailbox (and himself) for a load of hate mail.
Kidding. Doubt he'd read it anyway.