Sunday, December 12, 2010

Newsflash!

Ooh! I'm so excited! So being an insomniac for the night does have its pluses!!!! YESH!

Peeps, listen to THIS (okay, well, more like READ THIS):

[... 2. I've been getting a lot of questions about What Happened to Goodbye, my new book, which will be out in May. What it is about? you want to know. Give us details! Well, regular readers know that I am really, really terrible at summarizing my own books. It's honestly embarrassing. So I will just relay to you the copy that my brilliant (and very succinct) editor wrote for the back flap:

Another town. Another school. Another Mclean. Ever since her parents' bitter divorce, Mclean and her father have been fleeing their unhappy past. And Mclean's become a pro at reinventing herself with each move. But in Lakeview, Mclean finds herself putting down roots and making friends---in part, thanks to Dave, the most real person Mclean's ever met. Dave just may be falling in love with her, but can he see the person she really is? Does Mclean herself know?

*cue suspenseful music*
Okay, so that's the basic idea. But there is more! Like basketball. And restaurants. And acronyms. Also, the return of a few faces and places I am hoping readers of my other books might recognize. (Which I think I have cleverly hidden, but of course you will probably find them in five seconds. Oh, well.) I'm so, so excited for everyone to read it. I can't wait!...
]

Taken from Sarah Dessen's blog (http://writergrl.livejournal.com/). I don't own any of the context above, nor do I own the website stated in the previous sentence, so don't sue. I'll take it down if it has violated the copyright terms and just replace it with my words.

Okay, recap: I woke up at half past nine at night (that's right folks, you heard it correct, HALF PAST NINE) after a three hour nap and just had difficulty falling back asleep. So, after another three hours of fighting with my mind, I gave up and switched on my PC. Surfing the net as usual, la di da, lalalalala, until just a few minutes ago when I was about to shut it off and try going back to sleep, I remembered I hadn't checked Sarah Dessen's blog and ta da! Boom. It led me to where I am now! Awesomeness man. And there's something about basketball!!! Woohoo!

(does the touchdown dance)


Mclean's a nice name. And I'm definitely getting more than excited for this book!!! More than Along for the Ride I'm sure! Though Dave is a weird name to use, IN MY OPINION. But still, it's cool. Whatever Sarah Dessen writes is like gold to me! :D

Gosh, May 2011, I'll have to wait at least a month for the book to arrive in Malaysia, which just concludes that I will get the book sometime in June/July (the mid-year holidays, hopefully!). And 2011 is such a scary year. I am anticipating it because of fun, awesome stuff like Gayle Forman's Where She Went (release date April 2011 in the US), Dessen's What Happened to Goodbye (release date as stated above), my driver's licence (after my birthday in fabulous Feb) and lots more but I can't remember.

BUT, in 2011, there is SPM. There are stupid mock exams, there are targets to be achieved, there are lives to be saved from the horrors of getting shitty results, there are stupid scholarships waiting to be filled before the damned deadline or else you'll be a great ass-bummer for another year, there are decisions to be made, and there are stupid nagging words from the people up there that will, I sincerely promise, be worse than this year itself.



It won't be the same again. It never will be.