So I guess I should start the post with the 'count you blessings' theme.
I know that I am very lucky to be able to live and communicate in such a great environment as compared to others who are living in third-world countries and don't even have clean water supplies to last them for eternity. I have a roof over my head, a functioning toilet (yay!), enough food to feed myself and needless to say an awesome
Every life has its own drama. And conflicts. So does mine. Despite the endless times I lament and complain and bitch about those hard times I face, when I look back I am grateful too for being able to experience them because they shape me up into becoming a better person in life.
But this doesn't mean that I expect an easy year ahead of me. For all I know it's gonna get worse next year with all those school activities, tuition classes, homework shitload, possible human-relationship wreckages and important, dramatic (look up college) decison making. Same goes to the years yet to come.
My family, my mentors and teachers, my besties, my friends, my beloved belongings (pillow, my faithful writing utensils and the list goes on), the people I dislike, thanks for being there for me all the while I face my ups and downs, I could've done it myself but you guys made it easier for me, so thanks a lot! Myself too. I went for this camp this year and I discovered that none of us actually thank ourselves after achieving something. I know it seems narcisstic and self-conceited to thank myself, but I don't care. Now that I think of it, if I didn't push myself and search for that willpower inside of me to continue striving on, I don't even think I can be sitting here racking my brains to say something cheesy.
I'm not saying I am eagerly anticipating the arrival of next year, but there's no point in lying to myself and running away from reality and the fact that I have to sit for SPM anyway, so when the time comes, I will just have to chin up, face it and embrace it for what it is. Though I do hope that this philosophy stays on for the rest of my life when I face whatever hardships that lie ahead of me...
'Suppose that's all for this corny post. Will post again tomorrow (next year), see ya and have a happy new year!
On a side note, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ZHI WEN!!!!!!!
Thank you 2010.