Was supposed to sit for the UNSW Writing exam today. Note, SUPPOSED. Our school didn't have enough people to participate in the exam (because it's ONLY RM55 for an INTERNATIONAL standard paper, coughcoughcheapskatescoughcough) so we were sort of like disqualified.
I know what I say next might be offensive, but honestly, people should really think more about their future and how participating in more global activities can help them gain the upper hand when they step out into society. It's not all about A's, you know. You're just an empty shell if youonly have stupid strings of A's within your grasp.
Plus, what are you going to tell your grandkids and grand-relatives next time when you look back? Surely not something like "I remember when I was in high school, I had no life. I only studied my ass off to acheive straight A's."
:/
Well, maybe you want that, but not me. I want to tell something great and awesome to someone when I grow up, so that when I look back, I can say at least I did something for the school and myself.
Of course, I don't mean tiring yourself out with endless projects and taking them all when you can't handle them! God, that would suck. I just think we should manage and divide out time proportionally to try as much as possible to enjoy life. Life is a bitch, doubtlessly, so I feel we should try to overcome it and make it the best we can.
Wondering what made me write this, I don't really type stuff like this for people to see cos' I know youngsters our age don't really like listening to advice like this (to the point where it sometimes becomes some annoying self-righteousness lame shit). Not that I enjoy them, but we really gain lots of positive things as long as we don't misinterpretate the message and stop being so judgemental.
Off to complete my side projects if possible. Toodles.