I got the shock of my life when my dog ran out of the house, twice.
I experienced an epic freakout when Dhivya (no offence if I spelled her name wrongly) ended her speech so fast. Wait, I was already experiencing it when I noticed the previous speakers' speeches being so short. The freak out just come to the peak when it was my turn to give my crappy, shitty POV (point of view) on why women are better teachers than men.
And I sucked, sucked, sucked and sucked and sucked and sucked like shit.
To be honest though, I actually really wanted to be on the negative side. Point, you CANNOT stereotype people like that and be prejucidal. Seriously... But as seeing that the negative side was full, I decided to join the government house.
No offence people, but all the points our house was talking about were all alike, almost the same. Dedicated, convincing, caring, gentle.... I'm not denying that there's a fine, thin line between those traits but actually, the examples that we can sum up are pretty much all the same.
Okay, I know, you guys out there can think of much more examples than me. I'm a pea brain, a person with no sense of creativity at all, so excuse me...
No offence meant. That sounded mean, but I just strongly believe that prejudicing and stereotyping people like that is wrong, you don't give them a chance to express themselves, thus limiting them and yeah... whatever. I know you guys don't give a shit about what I'm babbling (like an idiot) about here anyway.
Sigh, I'm pissed. I don't know why.
I'm aware (I seem to have used a lot of "I know that I'm ...' verses in this blog, so I'll change) that I shouldn't really bring the topic of the debate back here into my blog since it's already over, but I just feel that I needed to tell you guys who witnessed and those who were in the debate today. The opposition house had said that women are beauty conscious and always wear pretty clothes and always wear skirts while coming to school. And you guys mentioned that the female teachers don't wear trackpants and sneakers and normal T-shirts to school.
Well excuse me for being blind and seeing the teachers in our school wearing trackpants and T-shirts during Sukantara. Sports Day doesn't count because it's not in school, I know.
And FYI, it is a government rule that all female teachers are required to wear skirts to school. I used to wonder why don't they wear pants to school too but then I found out from a teacher that being a female teacher, you can't wear trousers to school, only skirts.
I wanted to POI them on this point but as seeing it was denied, meh.
No offence was meant to any of you reading this, I just felt that I needed to get this off my chest or else I'll experience insomnia. Sorry, I don't have a copy of those National Day speeches played on LCD's in school to help me sleep at night. Beethoven and Mozart don't help so yeah...
Anyways, enough of the debate thingy. It's over anyway, I just want to congratulate Li Yan and Tang for being the best speakers in each round!!! Three cheers to you guys!!!! You guys deserved it!!! Hip hip, hooray!!
Moving on, I received the shock of my life when our Rottweiler (sp?) escaped from our house twice. Yes people, twice in a freaking day, wOw.
I told Zhi Wen about all the details just now on the phone, so I'm too lazy to repeat myself. I'll probably come back to edit this post and add on the details or write another post about this some other day. But right now, I just couldn't really care less.
Signing off now, a really good job to all the speakers who went on stage today!! You guys were like, wow! Excluding me of course, like I said, I sucked like shit. And I don't really want to have a recap about today's incident.
But I did gain a whole lot of useful experience and learnt lots of lessons (aliteration!!! XD) today. Thanks a lot for providing me this oppurtunity.
Cheerio!!!