Wednesday, December 31, 2008

987 Top 100 Countdown 2008

I must say that I'm honoured to know practically... well, 70 percent of the songs in the charts. how cool is that?! WOOHOO!!!!!!

Okay, calm down... deep breath... Despite a few surprises, the whole show went on pretty well. i think the heaviest disappointment for all the songs was... lemme see lemme see... well, there are quite a few actually:

Tattoo by Jordin Spark. (#64) O.O
Forever by Chris Brown (#44)
Gimme More by the Legendary Ms. Britney Spears (#43) I seriously thought she could do better than that....
Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis (#11) I thought she was going to make it to the top 5. Oh well...
Just Dance by lady Gaga (Totally not on the charts... I wonder why...)
Womanizer by Britney Spears (Didn't debut AT ALL)
Love Story by Taylor Swift (And again, a miss)
So What by Pink (Didn't hear it at all)
Hot N Cold by Katie Perry (I can't find it in the list I recorded...)
Save You by Simple Plan (A miss... well, understandable since it was new on radio... But hey, it was released on August, with the video on October!!!! Or so Wikipedia says...)

Anyways, all these are just based on my opinion. No offence meant. You might be thinking like, 'what the hell?! Britney doesn't even deserve to be on the charts' and stuff. I hate to say this, but face it, her songs (despite her nude and censored videos) are actually nice. For me, that is. In music, I don't think we should not listen to nice songs and let our opinion of the song get tarnished before you even get to listen to it just because the singer's reputation isn't very good and stuff.


Keeping an open mind is what's important...



Anyways, enough of all the Britney politics, I congratulate One Republic's 'Apologize' for the being the Top Song of the Year. Well, in Singapore that is. Following 'Apologize' ('It's too late to apologize' somehow is a bit too sadistic to end year 2008 don't you think?) is 'Low' by Flo Rida ft. T-Pain (overplayed everywhere), followed by Take a Bow by Rihanna.





Now that we're done with the charts, let's get on with good ol' 09. It's the 'mooooo' year!!!! Wowzers... how time flies... Pretty soon enough, we'll all be old hags rotting at home knitting gloves everyday.

lol. Just kidding.


Happy 2009 people!!! May all your wishes come true and the Global Recession to end soon!

Goodynight!