I know I know; I'm supposed to be studying, but distraction got the better of me. But anyways, as I was going through Sorasan's livejournal for any interesting stuff to read (call me nosy or whatever), I came through one of recent posts (I think it was yesterday or something) and found out that Ouran had an english dub that was released recently.
Being an Ouran fan myself, I went to check it out since Sorasan stated it wasn't that bad. (I dislike dubs, so this is quite a big step for me. After watching episode 1 part 1/3 and 2/3, I got fed up with the lame recording (Not the uploader's fault, I know) so I just went to FUNimation's official site and watched the rest.
I must say, for an english dub, it was pretty okay. Better than some of the anime dubs like Beyblade (I hate that show, no offence) but it could surely use some improvisation.
I like Hikaru's voice actors, with Kyouya's coming second. As for Haruhi, I'm slightly disappointed, especially when she broke the vase part. The way she said the verses there was so high that it made my ears bleed. Her voice should have been more like murmuring like how they did it in the original version. But meh, she's still okay I guess. HIKARU AND KYOUYA FOREVER!!!
Tamaki's voice was bad. BAD! And Honey-senpai's voice? Crap. I hate it. THose two should just stick to the japanese voice actors.
And the way they said each other's names... creepy. It sounded wrong, particularly Hikaru's name. Instead of Hi-KA-ru or something similiar to that, they said it like HI-ke-ru. I didn't spell it wrong, I'm just writing down the pronunciations. I can't type phonetic symbols on the net anyway. HI-ke-ru... -goosebumps-
Come to think of it, they say Hikaru's 'aaa' in 'e' like how we Johoreans have the slang of pronouncing 'Itukah?' into 'Itu ke?'
But nevertheless, it was still okay. I'd give it a 3/5.
Speaking of which, my Ouran High School Host Club anime is missing..... grrrrrrrrrr......