Celebrating my 80th blogger post with.......... -drumrolls please-
The Christmas Concert at SMK Infant Jesus Convent!!!!
WOOO!!!!!!!!! CHEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!! JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol.
Anyways, I went early to school today, reached there around.... a quarter to nine. Yeah, something like that. Wondered around finding for Eli for a while, until I saw her coming down from St. Helen Square. We called Siok Zhao to confirm what time she was coming before sitting in the hall.
Then I guess we got bored and went to see Yolander's rehearsal in the Bilik Tayangan. It was really fun, and then Elyssa and co. entered to do their own rehearsal.
It was amazing.
After that, we went down to the hall and waited a while for the concert to start. Saw Siok Zhao, but before we could start chatting, Pn. Yeoh told us to sit down. -insert innocent grin- That was when things started to liven up.
So, so, so, so........ the agenda...........
1. Praise and worship.
Didn't do much their, just that we sang a few songs, I think. And that was when I saw Chia Yin walking up the stairs to the biolab but never came down. Had to run up all the way to the library to find her, Phew...
2.Message by Pn. Mary (former Convent headmistress)
Everyone screamed their lungs out, while Siok Zhao, Elly, Chia Yin, Sabreena and me and co almost went deaf. -.-; Basically, what Pn. Mary said was about Godly Love and stuff. It made sense, but as much asI hate to admit, I wasn't really into listening it. (I came to the Christmas Concert just for the performances XD)
3. Tambourine Dance
Finally!!! The first performance!!!! This dance was by the form 3's, who have just finished their PMR.
4. Special Children's Item
A group of really cute and schweeeeet (Cardcaptor!!! Nyaaa!!) kids with down syndrome or something performed on stage, with their teacher guiding them below stage. I must say, they were good. I think I saw them before in Sze Kai's Speech and Drama concert. (Lol, I've been to so many concerts. XD)
5. Gift Presentation
Pn. Tan (our current headmistress) giving away presents to the representative nun, the chairman of the PIBG yadda yadda yadda...
6. Ballet (modern)
I think the song was Rudolph the Red-Nose Raindeer. I forgot. It was quite nice.
7. Silent Night 7 Soldiers
Not bad. Lynette, Li Wen and co were great.
8.Mime (Form 3's)
This I like. This programme was the best of the entire concert. The song played was 'Everything' by Lifehouse (listening to it now!! KYAAAA!). It's about a girl being saved by Jesus from drugs, sex, money...... They did a great job on the entire thing!!!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!!!!! If only there was a replay.... sigh.
9. Performance (Convent Primary)
Nothing much to say. It was okay I guess.
10. Choir
11. Ballet (classical)
12. I Believe by the Form 2's
Yolander's group!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!! I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
13. Nativity Play
A retelling about the story of Jesus... It was really great. The funniest part was during the closing. A few form 1's were casted as the sheep in the manger and as the curtains closed, the shepherds or something like that were hauling them to the side of the hall. LOL!!!!
14. Grand Finale
Well, not really grand but it was okay.
Personally, I think this year's Christmas Concert was way better than last year's, especially the programmes. I loved the mime, and the Nativity Play. It was much more classical and stuff; last year's seemed so... unreal to put it nicely. No offence meant.
Great job on the whole Concert!!!! Dude!! The form 3's whipped it out just in 2/3 days!!!!!!!!! And it was better than last time's!!!!!! Awesome job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
p.s: Happy Birthday to cousin Sze Jia!!!!!!!